Wednesday, September 25, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Three

Hey family!

How are you all? I just read all your emails, sounds like you had some pretty good stuff going on, glad your girls trip was fun mom! Life here is super good. Actually its totez cray... WHO AM I? jk. ps tytyb2 I was laughing at your slangy slang throughout your whole email. LURVE IT. Ok anyway, really though, Hermana Benson and I just laugh all the time about how weird our life is. It rains a lot here. Although (that's for lacy.. the although.. Shell get it) the weather the past two days has been GORGGG. But yeah, we're in the rain a lot. And it rains sideways a lot. So that always makes things interesting. But we just laugh and love it.

Anyway, cross your fingers.. I think were gonna have a baptism this Saturday! It's for the Nigerian lady we have been teaching, Onome. We still have to teach her a few commandments.. so lets just hope she passes with flying colors, eh? She should though, I don't think she has any major issues. Last time we visited her..she decided she wanted to give us a gift for us teaching her.. she gave us some strange drink. Luckily it was in a can so we took it on the go. But we drank it and it literally tasted like spagettios. Super gross haha. Like moldy spagettios. Talk about the worst. I didn't even swallow it. But it was funny. We both were laughing a ton. Anyway, the work here is good. I wasn't on yesterday because we had a zone conference in Bilbao with President and Sister Pace and our zone. It was way good. I took a ton of notes. There are a lot of things I can always be improving on. Anyway, that's why we have P day today.

So this week we had an intercambio with one of the sister training leaders here. So she was supposed to come down Friday morning, but she missed her bus and came at like 5 that evening. So we had to move around our schedule so we could meet her when she got here. When she came, we went to teach one of our investigators named Samuel. He has a friend that's a recent convert so things are looking good for him to be baptized. He's the one that I gave my first baptismal invite to. But he doesn't have a date yet. Anyway, the lesson was crazy. It was out on a park bench and idk why but everyone and their mom decided to join our lesson. Literally. For some reason all his friends kept showing up in the middle.. we were teaching about the plan of salvation so every time someone came in, we sorta did a recap of what was going on. Anyway, one friend came up to shake my hand and went in for the beso (everyones all about kissing everyone on the cheek when you greet them here) but it was the first time a man had tried to kiss me on the cheek so I freaked and didn't know what to do. Luckily Hermana Benson shouted ah! no podemos! hahaha it was great. He got so embarrassed I felt so bad. But then he was stuck there on the bench listening to us haha he had no escape. It was great. Then during the course of the lesson two other friends showed up to join. It was a party.

Then after, we had to rush to a meeting with the Ward mission leader (who is 18 btw) and for some reason some other man in the Ward was there too. It was a really interesting meeting cuz that Ward member kinda took over it all. Anyway, after we had a ward FHE which was fun. Samuel came with all his friends haha so that's good. We got their info so we can teach them too.

But here's the best part , so earlier in the day Hermana Benson accidentally left the keys in the apartment, not a big deal cuz the elders have a copy right? Well we left fhe that night to get their copy, and went back to our apartment.. and the KEY DOESN'T WORK! yeah talk about the worst haha we were all laughing but sorta freakin cuz what do you do when you don't have a key to your piso? Luckily the dueƱo lives like 25 minutes away (walking) so we had to go all the way there to get a key and all the way back. We got back to our piso so late it was so bad.. I was major stressing cuz I hate being disobedient. But it wasn't really on purpose. Anyway, it was just a wild day, everything that happened to us was so bizzare. Speaking of, you know what its like being two tall American blonde girls walking around Spain? People stare at us.. literally, and the other day this homeless drunk man started meowing at us.. Life is so strange haha. But i love it. We have had a lot of funny laughs since being here.

Anyway, I am loving the work. It is incredible to see how much it is progressing. We have so many people to see and teach, we don't have enough time to even contact really! Ok, here's something to ask though, please help the missionaries with the work. They can't do it all alone, it doesn't work right. Talk to everyone, invite everyone, and when they invite people to come, talk to them! Anything helps. If the Ward isn't involved, the work can't  progress as well. Let's see, what else... we taught a lot this week. Our investigator Angelica will be baptized soon I think. Shes doing really well and progressing well. However, she lives with her boyfriend so that's gotta change. She knows it though, and knows she wants the gospel, so it'll happen. I love this work, and I love this gospel. I know that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I love it with my whole heart. Read it whenever you can, read as much as you can. It will bless your life, it's definitely blessed mine. I think that's all for this week, I love you all so much! Thanks for your constant support and love! It means the world to me! I have the best family in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment