Monday, January 13, 2014

San Sebastian - Week Nineteen

Hey Everyone!

How are you all this week? My week was super good. As always. I love it here. I can't believe I've been here so long haha. I just realized I'll have spent a third of my mission here by the time I leave. I know this place like the back of my clammy hand. haha jk, my hands aren't clammy anymore. ANYWAYYY, life is good! It's still decently warm here in SanSe which is way weird, but I'm not complaining.

SO Max. Let me tell you, we've been on a rollercoaster with him this week. I think last you heard he was super pumped about baptism. Well the day after, he asked to meet us at the church cuz he had 30 new questions for us. Well, as well, he had a note for us that said he was going to the anglican church instead. He said he didn't know why, but his head was telling him he should go there. Strange right? Well, we started answering his questions, but ran out of time cuz we had another cita. He told us he was still going to come to church with us though.. we went to get him for church and someone he lives with told us he was sick and wasn't coming. We were way bummed. He texted us later that day and told us he would meet with us later in the week when he felt better.. and that he was still thinking about being baptized. Haha Max is all over the place. I think he's just nervous about making the wrong decision. We´re gonna help him out though, well see him this week again and clear it all up.

Also, Shan asked about Onome.. shes doing good! It was weird cuz we hadn't heard from her or been able to get ahold of her for a whole month basically. She fell off the face of the earth. Turns out she was super busy changing pisos and this that and the other, but now shes got her life settled again and seems super happy. She came to church Sunday and said she's got a goal to go every Sunday. She's doing well. Also funny story, in the middle of our lesson with her the other day she interrupts me and goes, excuse me, sorry.. but Hermana Woodbury.. why are you so white? haha. Super funny. WE ARE PALE WHERE'S SUMMER.

Also Helen, idk if I've told you much about her, but shes from Mexico. She's awesome. She literally loves us. We taught her the Restoration and she loved it! The only thing is she works Sundays now. (this happens alllll the time) so she can't come to church, but she's way excited to learn more. God will provide a way for her to come to church, if she demonstrates her faith. Also her moms being taught by the missionaries in Mexico right now too. Way sweet.

Our miracle man Jeudi is doing super well too, we had a lesson with him and he's got a goal to be baptized. He's reading and progressing really well.

Also the other day we contacted this girl on the street and asked if we could share a message with her and she said no, laughed, and literally ran away. Haha people are so strange sometimes.

Also the other day we met with Joseph, and during the lesson I asked him how he knows that God loves him. He told us it's because God sent us to him. He told us the night we found him in the street he had thought about traveling to another city to see his sister but ended up not going. But he told us he's so glad he found us. He's incredible. I feel bad for the guy, he's got a lot of struggles in his life. He told us he's still struggling, but ever since he's been baptized he feels calm now. He has a lot more peace. There's so much power to baptism. I don't think I realized before my mission how incredibly important and life changing it can be. It's such an incredible blessing we have in this life.

Also we got locked out this morning without keys or a phone. It was an adventure. I sent a voice recording about it though haha. Handled it like a champ. Anyway, that's all really, for this week. I love the mission! Were having a blast.

Also do you like how all my paragraphs start with also? haha. sorrynotsorry?

Love you all!!

Love Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment