Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Valencia - Week Five

HAPPY FATHERS DAY ROCKSTAAARRRR!!

Remember when you got that name? Can I be called rockstar mini? haha. Jk.

So this week I ate rabbit liver.

And then I ate sardines.

Do I get personal progress points for that?

So we had a reallllllllyyyyyy good week this week! One sweet miracle is that one night we were out passing by old investigators. We had a sheet with two men named Marcos and Julian. We hit their timbre and a girl answered. So I asked for the two mens names and surprisingly, she buzzed us in. We met this girl at the elevator and she said her name was Juliana, but that she had never met with missionaries before. She was on her way out but told us we could go up and share something with her mom.. who was named Martha. How weird is that? What are the chances that the names we have (from investigators from 2005) would have very similar names to these woman who had never met us? Marcos and Julian... martha and Juliana? It was wild. Anyway, we talked to the mom and shared with her about the Book of Mormon. She just looked at us the whole time in shock that we had found her. She told us how she doesn't believe in coincidences and that she knew we had found her for a reason. So she invited us to come back again. And she's Colombian. Which are my FAVORITE. so she told us she'd make us arepas too.

Hermana Blanco and I walked away very shocked. These investigators from our sheet must have left that place years ago, but God put other people in that same place that He knew we would eventually find. It was really an incredible moment.

Another miracle this week was that Abi and Ana and their family came to church for the first time!!! Here we do the order of the classes backwards so we called Abi after Relief Society and he said they were lost outside somewhere haha. So we went and found them to bring them in. When I saw them I about cried. They all were dressed up, with their hair all done up nice. Even though they weren't in your typical church clothes,  you knew that they were dressed in the best that they had. In that moment, I just felt so blessed by the Lord. It was such a tender mercy to see them there. A family of five! At church! Wow, it was incredible. I think they had a good experience too. Luckily, I feel like I'm a pro at entertaining toddlers (thank you Allie) so I kept their two year old under control all during sacrament meeting to help them enjoy it better. It was literally one of the happiest moments of my mission seeing them there. I really think Ana will get baptized. They would be such an incredible add to the church.

Anyway, this week was really great. The Lord is really blessing us here. I feel so incredibly blessed to be with Hermana Blanco. We have a very different way of working, but I am learning so much from her. She is one of the most incredible teachers I have ever met and I feel so blessed to be with her. The Lord has really blessed this area. Day after day He keeps putting prepared people in our path. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by His kindness. These days I have been studying a lot about humility. I just always want to remember that every blessing we have is because of the Lord. He has blessed me so much in every aspect of my life. I hope to be always humbly grateful for what I have.


I love you family, have a great week!

love Hermana Fry Fry






No comments:

Post a Comment