Thursday, August 22, 2013

MTC - Week Five

Hey All!

So this week was good! On Saturday I will have been here a month already! How crazy is that? And next week is my last week at the CCM.

So you know how I was struggling Thursday, so Shannon sent me that talk and that email with some really inspiring words. Literally changed my life. Thank you so much. I cherish those emails.

So that same night, we watched a talk by Richard G. Scott about prayer. He said be thankful that God lets us struggle sometimes, because when we struggle, that’s when we grow in faith. It’s so true though. I have grown so much in my faith. It’s incredible. It was an amazing talk. Also later I wrote down 10 distinct reasons why I know I’m supposed to be here. It’s incredible how much the Lord has helped me along the way. I know I’m exactly in the right place. So with all this, I decided I was gonna approach going to the park differently.

So on Saturday when we went, I decided I was going to go with complete faith that the Lord would help me. If I would just open my mouth and show them a big smile, the Lord would help me with the rest. We got on the metro to head to the park and I sat next to an older woman. I said hi with a real big smile and she responded nicely. She was going to the hospital to visit a friend. So I told her about our church and GAVE her a Book of Mormon! AND got she filled out a referral cuz she was interested in learning more! What the crazy! It was such a blessing. I told her to read 3 Nephi 11. She got off on the same stop as us but walked ahead of us, when I passed her on the stairs, I noticed her finger holding her place in 3 Nephi. Like she actually was planning on reading it. I was so excited. What an answer from the Lord. I showed my faith first, and he helped me to know that He was right by my side. It was incredible.

After that, our companionship placed two more copies of the Book of Mormon. It was a really awesome day. Even if people didn’t want to hear it all, they were nice and we definitely planted a lot of seeds. It’s incredible how ready a lot of these people are to hear the gospel. The field is white and ready to harvest. I love seeing it all happen. That’s why there are so many missionaries, the Lord has prepared so many people to hear his gospel.

Also I want to thank you Mom and Dad for helping to teach me how to be so obedient as a kid. I have such a strong testimony of obedience here. I’m over obedient haha. I study in every spare second I have. I never stop haha people probably think I’m crazy. But I know the more obedient I am, the more I will learn, and the more the Lord will help me. So thank you for teaching me that while I was young, because it would be hard to have to learn that here.

Also remember how they have gross plain rice here? Well the other day they mixed it with mayo and put it in a tomato haha so sick. Strange stuff in this place. But it’s all good. I love most of the food.

Also I’m glad you got to see me on YouTube! I’m famous.

I can’t think of a whole lot else that happened. My comp always laughs in her sleep. haha It makes me miss Mallory.

Also everything is so expensive here. In the stores they lock up shampoo and conditioner and gum haha how weird is that. Also were going shopping today. I definitely might buy more stuff. Sorry not sorry? haha

I love you all and hope you’re all doing well. Remember the Lord in everything you do. Have faith in His promises and be obedient! Love you!

Love,
Hermana Reid

1 comment: