Thursday, August 1, 2013

MTC - Week One

So my companion the first two days was Sorella (sister in Italian) Bringas. She is originally from Peru but she lives in Italy now and will serve there soon. She hardly speaks much English but she is the sweetest little thing. I love her. I only was with her for two days cuz we never actually were together. Haha She is in a different class always so I never saw her. So they switched me to be with a group of three. Hermana Lyons from Utah and Hermana Snelson from California. Love them both. Hna Lyons is quiet and sweet and Hna Snelson is loud and crazy like me. The CCM here is interesting. Its right outside the temple. Everyone speaks Spanish and sort of speaks English.

Its really hot and dry here, but nice weather. We had 8 sisters in a tiny dorm room supposed to be for 6 so it was squishy. I guess this is more missionaries than they have ever seen, two just moved out. Oh also I'm in the most advanced class there is here. WHAT THE.  I sat with a kid on the plane who is fluent and HE WAS IN MY CLASS. I died when I saw that haha. But I am learning quickly. I understand almost everything spoken to me but I don't speak super well. The days go by so slow, but the weeks are starting to go by fast.

Also the food here is so strange. I think its just the mtc food... not like all of Spain will be like this. Like the other day they fed us cold white rice haha with nothing. But then another day they put some spaghettio tasting sauce on it. Totally strange. But its all good. We eat some strange stuff, but I eat it all. It’s a small cafeteria with like 12 tables  Its a small group of missionaries. Which I like because we get to know everyone.

I love my district, there are 13 of us. Just 3 Hermanas' and the rest elders.  It’s way cool.   But the elders are always distracted haha. Oh also we proselyted in the park last Saturday. They had us switch companions and they put me with a Russian sister! That was crazy.  She speaks good English though, but when we had to talk to someone in Spanish I had to do it all .

I'm loving it here though. Some days are better than others. But I love all the devotionals and all the learning.  I love to study so much, which is good because we study all day, and then we teach our fake investigators, which are our teachers haha. Oh also sorry I'm all over the place but I'm running out of time. I ate shark and squid the other day! At least that's what someone told me it was. idk my bff Jill. haha. Sorry. It was pretty good though.

Also we get to go to the temple every Thursday. It’s awesome and so beautiful. We get to explore the city today and I am so excited!  I am doing well and can't wait to learn everything!

Love
Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment