Thursday, August 8, 2013

MTC - Week Two/Three

Hola! So this is crazy and I have to type fast. Last week we got to go shopping in Madrid city on p-day. It was so gorgeous. I loved it. I have tons of pictures, but I cant send them at the MTC. So you'll have to wait till I'm out.

My Spanish is coming along, I can understand basically everything, unless they talk crazy fast. The lisp thing is weird, but its kinda fun. I can't talk super well, but I love learning. Its weird, I love studying so much, which is good because we study all day. All the elders are fresh outta high school, so they don't get the whole studying thing yet haha. But I love to study. I love being productive. Call me nerdy it's fine.

The temple here is so gorgeous! I love going every week. We literally live ten feet away from it. We are on the same grounds. It's awesome to look out the window every night right at it.

Also, I am known as one of the most loved missionaries here because of all the dear elders I've gotten haha so thank you! Keep sending the love! It makes my life.

Oh ps the food is still way strange here, but it's getting better, or I'm just desperate enough to eat it all haha, but last night was way disgusting. They literally fed us a yellow sponge. It was supposed to be eggs and tuna I think? But it literally just looked like a plasticish sponge haha so nasty. But you learn to love it. They fed us fried milk the other day too. Which actually wasn't that bad.

I love my district! They actually just split us up cuz we were too big. We had like 16 people and they split us in half when some new missionaries came from Provo. Which means our trio companionship was split too. So now it's just me and Hermana Snelson. Hermana Lyons got a new comp. I love Hermana Snelson! She reminds me of Kim Marshall actually (shoutout) but with red hair. Shes tall and athletic and crazy and fun. We get along awesome. Oh also I have great hermanas in my room. One named Hermana Munns is also going to Barcelona with me. She's so sweet. We get along so well. Every time we freak out, we talk to each other and calm each other down haha. She's awesome.

So last week we went the park on Saturday again to talk to people. It's funny cuz most people look at us like were crazy or act like we don't exist haha. You say hi and they look away. I was put with another Russian sister for the park. But she spoke no English or Spanish haha so I did all the talking. But it was good practice for me.

So every day we teach fake investigators. Its way fun. Except sometimes it's harder than you think. The hardest part is not being able to say everything you want because you can't say it in Spanish. But its whatever, haha, I'll learn. I feel so blessed to be here. If there's one thing I've learned, be obedient. Sometimes it's hard, but so worth it. With obedience comes faith. and with faith comes blessings. If you don't have faith, start by being obedient. The faith will come. I learned this week about how sometimes you don't see the blessings until after the trial of your faith. Read Ether 12:6.. good stuff there. I love this gospel, I love teaching, I love feeling the Spirit all the time. It's awesome. Oh and if you're unhappy, serve. Serve as much as you possibly can. You will be so blessed.

I'm learning a lot, and almost to the end of my third week. (the first week was only a half) but after this week, we only have three weeks left here! I'm gonna miss it though I can tell. I love the people here. Anyway, I cant think of a whole lot else to write! I'm learning a lot, loving the study time, love the weather. It's always sunny and not humid. Or at least not compared to home! I'm gonna try and print my emails so I can read them during the week! I love you all! Keep writing!

Love, Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment