Friday, November 1, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Eight

HI FAMILY!
Ok first off, those videos you sent were the freakin bomb. I literally have the best family in the entire world. Great goodness sakes. Alsoooo, yesterday my comp and i were talking about how in our pre earth life (meaning life before the mish) we were funny.. and how we hope were still funny on the mish. So ima try to spice up my emails more ya know? add some flava flavvve. Just so you remember that I'm still funny I guess. haha. Awko taco.

So here's some highlights from the week.
One of our investigators (Samuel... a different one than i have been writing about.. this one hasn't met with us for a month cuz he has this temporary job and no time) anyway, he called us just to check up and see how the work of the Lord was going. You know its a good day when that happens. Haha. He is done with this temp job in a few days so were planning on teaching him again. Hes got a baptismal fecha for the end of November. SOOO cross your fingers for him. I'm excited to see.

Oh so the other day, we called Erica cuz we had a cita with her and she was no where to be seen and she told me she something but i had NO idea what she said. i probably said que three or four times and she mumbled something back.. and then hung up on me haha. then she wouldn't answer when we called back. so idk.. still trying to learn the whole Spanish thing ya know? i guess the missionaries were teaching her a while ago and had a hard time getting her to keep commitments. but we will keep trying

Oh so we did some good door knocking one night. I love door knocking. I think its pretty funny. Everyone lives in apartments though so sometimes its hard to even get someone to open the main lobby door for you.. but we got in one building and knocked on this guys door. he looked at us through the peep hole and asked who it was. my comp told him were missionaries and he told us we were confused. haha. so she said it again, very slowly and clearly, and he told us we were confused again. way funny. then we went to another lady's door and she asked who it was, through the peep hole.. and when we told her and she shouts way loud "es que.. soy MUY MUY CATOLICO!!!" haha... alrighty then.. knocking doors isn't super successful here, so we usually try to find people other ways, but the times that we do knock doors, i love it. its always an adventure.

We had a ward activity this week and they played this game where everyone had to hold hands and squeeze the persons hand next to you a certain number of times and pass the signal. There were like 20 people at this activity btw. Anyway, somehow I got put right next to this guy from Ecuador with hair all the way down to his waist.. and his wife, with the same length of hair on my other side.. sometimes you just gotta laugh. its times like those when i wish you all could just see how funny life as a missionary is sometimes. I absolutely love it haha.

Oh one highlight from this week was that we finally got a hold of onome! we went to see her and shes really struggling. She has no work, she is about to be kicked out of her piso, she doesn't have residency, and shes out of money. I feel so bad for her. She is struggling to get a new piso cuz people wont rent them to her without work. She feels so alone, she was crying. She feels like God has abandoned her. My heart broke right then and there. We said a prayer together. I feel so bad that she feels like God isn't there. He is. I know He is. He lets us struggle to test our faith. But He never abandons us. I hope we can help her to see that more. She has such great faith, I know she can push through her trial. Shes such a sweetheart. I hope we can help.

Also we are teaching two Spaniards right now! Its a big deal, that never happens. One is named Asun, shes a friend of a member. The other we found in the metro. Named Rosa. I complimented her on her scarf and we started talking and so I'm excited to see where it goes! We have two other new ladies too from Nicaragua (Guadalupe... and idk the other ones name... the names are so hard to remember! if you think you struggle, mom, wait till you have to remember Spanish names! its tough!) anyway, we gave them copies of the BOM yesterday so we will see. We had a really good week, I'm excited to see where this week goes! hopefully more progress with everyone.

I love being out here, I learn so much everyday. There's no way i could have grown this much in this short of time without being on a mission. My testimony grows everyday, and we have such crazy fun experiences that just don't happen in real life ya know? I love this gospel with my whole heart. I love studying it. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for this experience. The gospel is true. It has blessed my life so much, always cherish it. Share it all you can!!

PS  I'm about to send pics of our preparation day today. this guy in our ward named Juan Carlos took us to his pueblo where he grew up to see the view and all that. its real close to France! it was way cool.. except it rained and was super foggy.. so the pictures are pretty hilarious.. I'll send them onward ever onward.. haha I LOVE YOU FAMILY!!

love hermana fry fry for dayz



No comments:

Post a Comment