Monday, November 4, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Nine

HEY FAMILY! So just to start, sometimes me and my comp talk about our families (naturally duhh) ps she literally knows EVERY ONE OF YOU. Also I told her she's coming to visit us the summer after I get back home. So start preparing for her.

Anyway, we talk about our families and I realized something. I hope this comes out right.. so I really loved you all a ton before my mission, like as much as I thought was possible. But ever since being on a mission, somehow I have found that I love you guys all so much more than I even thought was possible, ya know? Like before, it was my arms stretched around my back (mom you know what I mean) but now it's like I have new inspector Frassy arms that are even longer. Haha that sounded so dumb. But for real, I love you guys a whole ton. I pray for you all the time. Gosh you're the best.

Anyway, we had some GREAT stuff this week. First off, we saw Onome again! We went over and she told us she found work for a couple days, which is good cuz she hasn't had any money. We decided to read with her in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 24 (basically one of my favorite chapters ever) and we read about how it talks about how God delivers Alma and his people from captivity after they are told they aren't allowed to pray and all that (read it, its the best) anyway, it talks about how God knows of the covenant the people made with them (baptism from a few chapters before) and totally delivers them from their afflictions. So we talked with her about how when we make covenants, we are blessed. God wants to help us all the time, and by making covenants, He can bless us more and more. So I asked her how she felt about baptism and..... SHE SAID SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED. Best day ever, for real. Here's the catch though.. she told us she wants to be baptized in the ocean though instead. My comp and I both looked at each other and I was like, well my brother was baptized in a river.. so I don't see why not! So how's this Saturday sound? She doesn't seem to mind that its November and that it'll be super cold.. so baptism on the beach it is! We were both so excited. Oh man. THIS SATURDAY.

So on Sunday we talked to our Bishop and our district leader to get permission for sure, and they were both fine with it. We have some super sweet members in our ward that are looking for a nice tranquillo beach to have it at so there won't be other people around. I am so so excited. Please pray for Onome though, every time plans come up for baptism, Satan works super hard to make it not happen. Pray for good weather haha. So this week will be crazy planning and all that. We're going to see her Tuesday and Thursday to run over everything and interview her and all that. She really needs this in her life. She struggles so much. It would be such a blessing.

Another sweet thing that happened is we got to see our Spaniard friend Christina again! We haven't seen her in so long cuz she went to visit her sister and then she wouldn't answer our calls or anything when she got back so we thought she fell off the earth. But the other day she texted us and said she was free to meet with us, she had just been busy. We saw her last night and read that same Mosiah chapter with her.. guess what? We set a baptism fecha with her too for the end of this month! My comp and I felt so blessed. We have been working so so hard to get people to progress, so it's nice to see good things happening.

Also just for the record, getting people to church is like trying to gather frogs, they are all over the place haha. Man, it's tough. We arrange for rides and to meet people places and remind and remind.. but sometimes, it just doesn't work out. It's kind of a bummer. But you just gotta do the best you can, right? We're workin hard.

Anyway, keep Onome in your prayers this week as we get ready for her baptism! I hope everything works out well! I LOVE YOU FAMILY!

love Hermana Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment