Friday, November 15, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Ten

HEY FAMILY! First off, CONGRATS TYSON AND SHANNON! Those pictures and videos of Makenna are absolutely adorable. I'm sittin here freakin out. She looks so perfect! And shes got the perfect name. I definitely teared up when I saw her full name again. Gahhhh I love that she has my name so so much, WORK IT GIRL WORK IT. haha. I'm so glad shes healthy and that everything went well, I have been praying for you guys all week! What a blessing. Give her lots of love from me por favor.

SOOOO in other good news this week... We had a baptism! Onome got baptized on Saturday! Let me tell you though, getting all of it pulled together was super crazy. I wasn't sure if we were gonna make it through the week. So like I said, Onome wanted to be baptized in the ocean. Luckily we had some really sweet members that offered to look for a calm beach to have it at and offered to drive some people up there. At first, the Bishop wasn't super keen on the beach idea, but we won him over. Anyway, we had to do a bunch of planning with who could come and who could baptize her and who could drive and who would pick her up and drop her off and where she would change clothes.. Literally it was wild. Then we had to figure out everything with her interview and coordinating with the district leader and her interview and we were running wild all week.. But we got it all figured out! Saturday morning, a member picked us and Onome up at her house and took us to a beach that's close to France. It was pretty cold, but luckily not raining. It was only us, Onome, her daughter Johanna, the other elders, and four other members. She looked so gorgeous in her white dress. And she was such a champion for getting in that cold water.. in November haha. I don't think I could have done it. One of the elders baptized her. Elder Green.. actually he knows Cooper! He's from Gilbert, Arizona. Way cool. I forgot to mention that ages ago. Anyway, everything was way smooth. Once she came out we wrapped her all up in warm blankets and drove to a members house to change and go back home! She was super super happy. It was a really incredible experience. She couldn't stop smiling after. While I was there I was thinking, man, there is no where I would rather be than in Spain, (almost in France) at the beach, watching my sweet Onome get baptized. It was the best first baptism ever. When we were walking back to the car after her baptism, Onome told me how a while back she had been praying to God to be baptized because she knew it was important. But she didn't know what to do because everyone spoke Spanish. But then one day we showed up... what a blessing. The gospel is true.






Good news is, she came on time to church on Sunday to be confirmed and everything too! Everything literally couldn't have gone better. It was perfect. I am excited for her, she really needed it in her life.

Anyway, that was the highlight of the week. In other news, (haha I sound so weird and formal saying that..) Cristina (our investigator from Spain) is progressing really well. We talked last night about the baptism interview questions cuz she has a goal for a baptism in two weeks. She felt really good about all the questions. I think she was actually surprised at how ready she really is. Her only hesitancy is with whether or not The Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith is a prophet. Which really, is perfect. She is so set with every thing else. I think it finally clicked for her that she's gotta pray to figure it out for herself. So that's just awesome. I am way excited for her. Shes really good at keeping up on her reading. So keep her in your prayers that she will keep progressing and will get an answer! Anyway, it was such a good week!

I love you so much family! I'm so excited we've got one more little munchkin in our family. She is so precious. Thanks for keeping me involved in the whole thing! I love you! The gospel is so true. Live it, and you'll find out for yourself. God is just waiting to bless us, we just have to ask. Besos for dayzzzz fammmm!

hermana fry




No comments:

Post a Comment