Tuesday, November 19, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Eleven

HEY FAM FAM!

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS WEEK SHANNONN!!!!!

Sounds like everyone had a great week. I LOVED the pictures of Makenna, what a gorgeous baby. She looks just like Tenlee did, with less hair haha. Super cute!

So my week was pretty good. So I've got a "personal progress Fras" moment if you wanna hear it. I ATE OCTOPUS AND ANCHOVIES YESTERDAY. Ok, I know that octopus is a food rich people like.. calamari.. or whatever.. but this was weird. It literally was round circular pieces like the size of a quarter, kinda looked like a banana. BUT it had PURPLE tentacles on the outside. Please, someone be proud of me for eating FIVE yes count them, FIVE pieces of purple, chewy octopus. It was pretty gross. But I did it like a champ. Haha ps the family is from Chile... gooooTtyson! I love them though, they are so sweet, one of my favorites here. The mom told me she will make us completos next time we come!

 Also remember those slimy grey worms I told you about a couple weeks back? Yeah I found out that's eel.. I better get some real Fras points today.. winninggggg

Anyway we had a good week! Onome is doing so well! She seems so happy, we went back to teach the restoration again and helped explained some things, I guess she's been writing down notes shes been taking from reading the pamphlets and stuff so I was way glad! She came to church and everyone was so sweet with her. They told her about an activity were having this week and she could bring a dessert if she wanted and her face lit up with a big smile, she got so excited! It was way cute. I'm so glad she's doing so well. It makes me feel like I am doing my job as I watch her continue to progress.

K so I want to tell you about the ways of door knocking in Spain. So everyone lives in apartments right? But the main door is locked and you can only get in the building to knock if someone will buzz you in. Sometimes it's hard cuz you ring someones bell, tell them who you are, and they reject you right there before even getting in the building. Buuut something I've learned is the best way to do it is find a building that has 10 or more floors... so there's at least 40 buttons to hit.. then you hit all the buttons at the same time and wait.. haha everyone starts saying si? quien es? at the same time.. buttt if you're lucky, someone will just buzz you in the building without asking who you are.. then youve got free reign to talk to everyone once you're in. It's super fun actually. We find the strangest people knocking doors. The best is when they open the door and look at you with terror  and say "oyyy!" (who would ever be scared of me, really, let's be honest) and then they hurry and shut the door before you can say anything. It's pretty funny sometimes. BUT the other day, we knocked the second door in a building and this guy answered. He told us his name is Max and he's from Russia but has lived here for years. (he speaks English) We got talking and he ended up inviting us in his piso (that's the first time we've ever gotten in a piso thus far haha door knocking isn't super successful here) We talked about the church a little and he said people always told him in his country that God wasn't important, but he knows it's something he needs in his life... so he told us we can come back to talk more. So cross your fingers! He really seems prepared. It's just cool how God always puts people in our path that are ready to change their lives. There are many people that are so against religion, like it's a thing of the past... but there's still hope out there, still people searching for the truth and just don't know where to find it, just like the scriptures say. It's way cool to see the words of the scriptures fulfilled in my missionary work here.

Yesterday we had another lesson with Samuel (18 year old from Colombia) he's always got super deep questions about doctrine. So we decided we were going to reteach the restoration and focus on where the authority from our church comes from. He had a lot of questions and some was hard to explain in Spanish haha but I managed. I honestly think he will be baptized someday. He is so knowledgeable about the bible. He's reading in the Book of Mormon right now, and maybe when he understands the authority more fully next time, we will start to make some progress with him. He's so good, he will be the best member someday!

Well, those are some highlights for the week.  I know that God loves us. He is so aware of our every need. I know He is just waiting to bless us if we are willing to ask. I feel His love every day, I couldn't be here if I didn't. The Savior is our Redeemer. I love this gospel with my whole heart. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for helping me to get on a mission. It has changed my life and I am forever grateful. Some days are hard for sure, but I know God gives us challenges because He loves us. Its the only way to help us grow. The gospel is so true.


LOVE YOU FAMILY!

love Hermana Fry

ps next week is transfers so I wont email till Tuesday I think

No comments:

Post a Comment