Saturday, November 30, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Twelve

HEY FAMILY!

So for some reason it feels like FOREVER since I've heard from you guys! I'll be honest, this week was kinda rough haha. But that's the mission right? You know the times when you've got all these plans and then everyone cancels? Haha yeah it was one of those weeks. I think it's cuz its pretty cold here too. People don't like to do things in winter. It hasn't snowed yet but it rains almost every day. And it's super windy. But we ploughed through the week.

I think it was also stressful cuz we were anticipating transfers... sad news.. Hermana Benson got transferred. She's going down to Gerona and is opening an area. She's such a champ. I know she will rock it. We came up to Bilbao to stay with some other Hermanas last night and she left this morning. So me and Hernama Swenson (she started with me in the MTC) are here kickin it together till our new comps come in tonight. I'M DYING TO MEET HER. All I know is her name is Hermana Woodbury.. I don't think she's been out that much longer than me though, maybe a transfer or two.. so that could be interesting haha. It's weird thinking about being in San Sebastian without Hermana Benson, all the planning and figuring out is up to me until my new hermana gets the swing of things. Kind of a scary thought haha I better learn to be more decisive...? haha (see what I did there.. I was being indecisive)

Although this week was sorta rough, I learned a lot about tender mercies from God. He is so aware of our needs. One night we had all of our appts fire on us and headed to a relief society party. It was actually a pretty good turnout too. We had one investigator come, and a menos activo showed up too. It was cool because I thought to myself, if it wasn't for us, those two wouldn't be here.. we helped them to want to be here.. it's cool to see the fruits of your labors.  It was a nice blessing from Heavenly Father.

Then on Sunday, we had a lesson with Samuel again. He's a toughie. He goes to some 7th Adventist church.. idk much about it but a lot of things are very similar to our church. He is SUPER knowledgeable about the bible so he's always giving us a challenge haha. But we taught the authority of Jesus Christ and totally cleared it up. I thought for sure he would be golden after that. But then he brought up how in the bible, the sabbath was on Saturday. (idk how much you all know about that.. but they had church on the seventh day (Saturday) until Christ resurrected and then they changed it to the first day) Anyway, he was asking super deep questions about that which I wasn't prepared to answer. Anyway it was just sort of a struggle haha let's leave it at that. So kind of discouraging, but I know we are so close with him. You always hear about converts that say they gave the missionaries a really hard time before it clicked and they were converted. I know he will be such an awesome member. I'm not ready to give up on him. Once he starts reading in the Book of Mormon more and more, he will be golden. Cross your fingers.

Anyway, even though his lesson was kind of discouraging, we went to visit Christina. She really wants to receive an answer about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. We re-explained how the Holy Ghost feels to her and it went really well! She told us she kept expecting something more than that... like the heavens opening and shouting down to her haha but she told us shes gonna start the Book of Mormon again with a new focus and really try to pray for and recognize an answer. Let me tell you, that cita with her was such a blessing. It was such a tender mercy from God to know that we´re doing the best we can. It's the best feeling ever to see your investigators progress. There are so many tender blessings from God in our lives every day, you just have to look for them. He is always there, it's so evident.

Sorry, not a whole lot to say this week. It was kind of a slow week. I'm sad that Hermana Benson is gone, she was kind of like my mom here haha, I'll miss her a ton, but it'll be fun to start a new adventure with a new companion. She gets in tonight and then tomorrow we will head back down to our area.. hope I can find the way home! I love you lots family! I hope you have a fun Thanksgiving! Eat lots of rolls for me!

love Hermana Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment