Tuesday, December 3, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Thirteen

HEY FAMFAMBAMBAM

Hows everyone? Sounds like Thanksgiving was the bombdiggity.com. haha. I know I sound so weird saying that... but I also know TyTyb2 will appreciate it. So judge me. ANNNYYWAYY this week was good! So my new comps name is Hermana Woodbury, she's from Salt Lake. She's the oldest of 5 and is 21. She's been out one transfer more than me. So our Spanish is pretty much equal. She's super cute and fun. and..... SHE COOKS. Thank the heavens right? How in the world would I survive Thanksgiving AND Christmas only eating pasta? That woulda been the worst. But Thanksgiving was fun! We cooked some turkey, made some mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, and tried to make a banana cream pie.. but it didn't work haha.. I'll send pics. It's a lot harder to read pudding directions in Spanish, okay? Also.. I'm not even sure if it was pudding. it was complicated. But it was a good meal. All we were missing were dads rolls... mmm

Anyway, my companion is super awesome. She's SUCH a hard worker, what a blessing. She's super obedient and I'm super stoked to work with her. We are going to see a lot of miracles together up here. (also she goes to Utah State... hint hint... maybe I SHOULD transfer?... haha) Anyway, it has been weird being the experienced one in our area. Little stressful at first, but I'm getting better at it. I'm gonna be such a good planner when I get home.

So we had a pretty good week, not a whole lot to write about because a couple days we were up in Bilbao (waiting for her to come and we had district meeting up there) so our work week here was pretty short. But we had some sweet stuff happen. So we haven't had a whole lot of progressing investigators lately and really wanted to focus on finding more people. Hermana Woodbury decided that she wanted to try knocking our own building. The guy upstairs told us we could come by and share a message with him and his girlfriend another day (he's from Spain and she's from Nigeria). We set up a cita and went back to talk to them about it. He wasn't super interested, but his girlfriend Elizabeth seemed super interested. She told us she would come to church with us Sunday too! And she actually came! Any missionary knows that's like the best thing ever when they actually come to church. We walked together, she is super cute. She stayed for the first two hours, and she actually knew one of the other Nigerian members there, so that was the best.  She told us she wants to come back next week too. So we were pretty pumped about that.

Last night we had some extra time and knocked a building and had the most success I've ever seen in a building. We met a girl from Russia (which is like the best thing ever because I speak Russian... jk.. but my accent is legit. haha) She let us in and we talked for a little bit. She told us there was such a good energy in the room. I love hearing that, its so cool how strong the Spirit is as a missionary.  We told her we had a Russian Book of Mormon and she was super excited and told us we could return again with a book! Way cool. We met some other people too that told us we could come back and share with them again. God is so aware of us and our needs. We have been praying so hard to find people to teach, were talking to everyone, everywhere. Hermana Woodbury is good for me cuz she's got no fear talking to people haha. I'm excited to see what kind of work we can do together while were up here.

So I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time on my mission this past week. I love that book with my whole heart. There is so much to learn from it. It truly is for our day. The words in it are so true. I am so grateful for it in my life. I already re-started it!  Such a blessing.

ALSO We are SUPER excited for Christmas up here. We went to a chino store (basically has everything you'd ever want in your life) and bought stuff. We are hanging paper snowflakes everywhere and have a cute little Christmas tree on our table. I'll send you pics next time when we've got it all together. We want to buy stockings too. Were gonna make it a memorable Christmas!

Anyway, I love you all! Have a great week!

Love Hermana Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment