Monday, December 30, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Seventeen

How is my favorite favorite? Who am I?

I'm being mom. Go Tyson! (I'm just guessing you guessed it)

Anyway, how is everyone! I cant believe I talked to you this week FOR REAL. That was the best thing ever. Except it feels like forever ago that that happened. And it sort of feels like it was a dream. But I LOVED IT. I hope you all had a great Christmas! Mine sure was different, but super awesome. Spain isn't big on the whole Christmas thing here so it mostly felt like a normal day. After I got off skype with you we headed to a members house to eat.. and then again to another members house to eat.. again. Yeah we about died. But it was way fun. We ate Nepali food that night, i sent a pic. It was super strange.. but still good haha.

Sooo were gonna have a baptism this week! His name is Joseph. He's from Congo. We found him on the street. He yelled at us actually haha so we started talking to him. He's way good, super prepared. We met him about three weeks ago, he came to church twice, and now hes getting baptized! We're really excited. He's really prepared, he's got a lot of faith and is super believing. I am excited.

Also, another miracle this week was with a woman named Helen. We found her a few weeks back knocking doors. At the time she told us she'd call us cuz she was super busy and didn't have time.. we get that excuse a lot so I was worried we would never see anything out of it. But the other day we called her and she let us stop by. She's from Mexico and her 15 year old son was there. It made me miss Studda a ton. She was way cute, she kept telling us how much she liked what we were sharing and asked if she could come to church with us the next day! We picked her up that next morning, it was awesome! On the way there, this woman walks up behind me.. and I realize its Elizabeth (one of our investigators from Nigeria that we haven't been able to get ahold of in weeks!) She was just on her way to the church too! No big deal.. I was about to die right then and there I was so excited! Normally it's SO hard to get investigators to church... you gotta drag them out of bed basically. But Elizabeth was coming all on her own without even having talked with her in so long! She's so great. Both women were super welcomed by the Ward, it was great. Elizabeth wants to be baptized too. So were pumped to make that happen. I think Helen will want to be baptized too.. she kept asking how long people have to come to church before they are baptized. She's so cute, you'd love her. She thinks were so cool cuz were from America and speak English haha. Sunday was a miracle, I love when our investigators make it to church. It's the best. Oh and Joseph was there too, of course.


Also sad news with our Peruvian family. They have been searching for Jobs cuz they don't have money to come to church.. well the mom found a job, but it's for all day Saturday and Sunday.. gah. The worst right? We didn't know what to do. We have been praying for them so hard. She wants to be baptized really bad, but their family needs the money too, they don't have anything.. Keep them in your prayers. We told them to keep looking for another job. And to keep praying. I know God will help provide a way for her to be baptized still. It'll just be later than we originally thought. Sort of a bummer, but it happens. It seems a lot of times that Satan is really good at putting just one Little thing in the way of people from getting baptized. I have seen it so many times. But I know that with God´s help, we can see miracles with some of these people.

My companion and I have been praying really really hard for our investigators. We have been working as hard as we know how and are starting to see more success. It's really incredible. I hope I get to stay here another transfer. Also I'll email Tuesday next week (or maybe Wednesday if I get transferred) I love being here. It's definitely not always easy, but it's so worth it. There are so many people waiting for us. I love being front and center to see the Lord´s work. The mission is incredible. Live the gospel. Its such a blessing. LOVE YOU ALL.

Love Hermana Frryyyypantsssfordayzzz

haha im still weird. its fine. over it.



Christmas Eve Dinner


Hermana Woodbury on Christmas morning



Eating at a members house.. this is vivi. shes SO CUTE
The second is a members house we ate at.. a guy from Nepal named AJ and our favorite Spaniard Jose Mari













Christmas eve at a members house!

Christmas morning joy crepes and chinese cheezerrrss





NepalĂ­ food




and the turkey in the microwave...


1 comment: