Thursday, December 26, 2013

San Sebastian - Week Sixteen

Eguberrion!!!!! 
I think that means merry Christmas in Basque. But also I'm not sure. It might mean happy birthday or congratulations too haha. Awkward. JK I just had a basque man check it for me, it's right.  Anyway MERRY CHRISTMAS! I'll be honest, it doesn't feel like Christmas here. It's warm! I was in a long sleeve shirt today, sin chaqueta. People don't celebrate Christmas much here. They do a big dinner on Christmas eve but Christmas is mostly a normal day around here. I CANT WAIT TO TALK TO YOU! So I'm going to call around 3 my time. So 9 am I think your time. (sorry Tyson, it's 7 your time.... but let's be honest you never sleep anyway Christmas eve night) So yeah. THREE. my time. DON'T FORGET IT. jk i know you wont.

Anyway, this week was good! We have good stuff going on up here in SanSe right now. Our Peruvian family that we are teaching is doing so well! They both have goals to be baptized in January. The only thing is, they live super far from the church. They don't have money to come to church every week, cuz they don't have jobs. But they will try every other week. We're gonna go see them Christmas morning. I'm way pumped. We will set dates for their boys to be baptized too. It'll be THE BEST. They are such a miracle family. They read, pray, everything. So prepared.

Also Tyson..I ate completos this week with one of my favorite Chilean families here. I was loving my life. I'll send some pictures. SO BOMB DIGGITY. RED ROBIN YUMMM. I'm in such a good mood, can you tell? haha.

In other news, we have another investigator with a baptismal date for the 4th of January. He's so great . His name is Joseph and he's from Congo. He is so believing. He came to church this Sunday too! He's progressing well. So keep him in your prayers.

So one miracle this week was yesterday two of our citas cancelled  so we went through our list calling people to see who would let us come by. We called a man named John we had contacted a few days earlier and asked if we could stop by to share a message. He said yes, so we went by and we met him and his wife (I think they are married.. we'll find out) anyway, they are way great. He's from Ecuador and she's from Peru. We had a great first lesson with them. They are super believing and super prepared. It was interesting cuz at the end of the lesson, the man told us he never ever opens the door when people like us come by. So we asked him why he let us in, and he told us it's because when we met him, we complimented his Christmas tree in his apartment. He said we seemed different, like we were really people of God. So he agreed to let us come back to meet with them. It's so interesting because I don't even remember complimenting his tree really, but I truly do believe the Spirit works in subtle ways. We always want some big grand sign to know what to do or what to say, but I am a firm believer that if you're doing the right things, the Spirit will guide you in your thoughts and actions. As long as you're doing what you're supposed to, God will put people in your path. We have seen a lot of miracles the past few weeks. Time is flying. I think I've only got 2 more weeks here. Cross your fingers I'm here for one more transfer. I love it here. And I love my companion. We are working so well together. It has been so fun.

Anyway, I'd write more buttttt I GET TO TALK TO YOU IN TWO DAYS! So we will chat then. I love you family! With my whole heart! See you SOOOOOOOONNNN!!!

love Hermana Fry

-Our whole district came down to visit us for preparation day today!




-The other is a festivo they had here. Everyone dressed in olden day clothing and ate a bunch of chorizo and stuff. Way fun. They had cute little stands to buy cute jewlery and bags and all that.



No comments:

Post a Comment