Friday, January 31, 2014

San Sebastian - Week Twenty-one

HIIII FAMILY!

How are you? I miss you guys! Thanks for all the videos mom, I love seeing those. Also Austin is so manly now. willlldddd. SO this week was good! It rained every single day this week, makes me feel like I'm in CT again. Somedays it's super cold but some days it's not so bad, we're surviving okay. Especially cuz of my sweet rainboots gracias a TYLA. The best!

So we saw some pretty amazing miracles this week. So I think last you heard, our goal was to focus just on church attendance with Max because I think the goal of a baptism made him too nervous. Well turns out, he gave himself a goal to be baptized on the 8th haha. But something happened with him, he totally has been improving a ton. I think he's finally decided for himself that he wants to be baptized, without feeling the need to seek approval of other people. I think we saw him almost every day this week. He's been reading and praying super consistently, and all week long he told us he was going to come to church for sure. Towards the end of the week, we asked if he would like a blessing. He's been trying to stop smoking and has been doing pretty well. He used to smoke packs a day, but now he's down to one or two a day. On Saturday, Elder Green (who knows Cooper btw) gave him a blessing to help him to quit smoking for good. Before the blessing Elder Green told him that Christ always told people that blessings work according to our faith. The blessing was really incredible. After the blessing, Max told us he felt really good, really different. The next day, he called us right after he woke up and told us normally when he wakes up he wants to smoke really bad, but when he woke up, he had ZERO desire to smoke. He was so so excited. He's been trying to stop for 11 years I think and hasn't been able to.  We met with him that day and in his prayer he said something like "thank you for this day, it is a very special day because I have finally quit smoking, thank you for my sisters, and I know the Book of Mormon is true". It was super tender. Also he came to church finally! He was so excited he showed up an hour early haha. He lives like 5 minutes from the building.. We were way excited to see him. The ward really welcomed him too. He's so close to baptism! Keep him in your prayers. He's been such a big miracle for me. I've really loved watching his conversion. He's progressing a ton.

Oh also, our Peruvians came to church! The mom didn't, cuz she works on the weekends, but the dad and the two boys came right when church started yesterday. It was a miracle. Getting people to church is one of the hardest things as a missionary, so seeing them show up was huge! They loved it too, the boys had a blast. Both the boys have a baptismal date for the 8th as well, so keep them in your prayers!

I can't think of a whole lot else this week. Thursday (Jeudi) is still doing well and hopefully we will have his baptism the 8th as well. Keep your fingers crossed! We're seeing tons of miracles up here. I'm loving it. It's cool to see how much my faith grows as I see the faith of my investigators grow. There's no better feeling than watching your investigators progress. I love it.

PS. blueberries are super expensive here. the worst right? I just realized I haven't had blueberries in six months. sensitive.

Haha anyway, I'm loving the mission! It's super fun to be here. Hermana Woodbury and I are having a blast together. Working hard, and soaking wet!

Love you all!


Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment