Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Zaragoza - Week six

Hi FAMILY!!

JESSIE GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK!!! We literally had an incredible week. I don't even know where to start. So we saw Jessie Wednesday, and she had had the goal to be baptized this weekend but hadn't given us a definite no or yes yet. But on Wednesday she officially decided she would go through with it. We were PUMPED OUTTA OUR MINDS. Anyway, so things got willllldd cuz we had to plan the baptism in like three days haha. We called all the members to invite them and give talks and all that and got everything all figured out super nicely actually, we didn't have any issues. Annnndd after she told us the water was perfectly warm, gooo us!

The baptism was super incredible. Jessie really needed that in her life. One of the other elders baptized her, it was his first time and he totally nailed it. She bore her testimony afterwards about how she has been reading and praying a lot and how she has just felt a lot of peace about being baptized. I was so so happy! We met her only a couple weeks ago, and just like that, she was baptized. It just proves how much God is preparing people to be baptized. And Hermana Findlay was a genius and decided to do a voice recording with Jessie, so I'll send those too. You'll love to hear them.

Also another miracle this week.. so a few weeks ago I told you about a man named Carlos that we met in the street. At first he didn't want to talk to us, but I asked if we could pray with him and he let us. Afterwards, he let us take his number. Well on Saturday he showed up for english class! We talked to him afterwards and helped him a little bit more and then asked if we could share a scripture with him. He was super accepting of everything so we invited him to church the next day too. We got there right as the meeting started, and as I looked around, I couldn't see him there, I was way bummed. I sat and prayed and prayed to God that he would come. But then after the meeting ended, we found him! He had been there the whole time! We just didn't see him when we walked in. He stayed for all three meetings and he LOVED it. You know how much I would love to baptize a 60 year old spainard? I would die. It's happening. We're meeting with him again this week too, so we're super excited about that. It was such a miracle.

So I feel super blessed to be in this area, I know I always say that, but it's true. This area has really changed who I am as a missionary. When Hermana Findlay and I got here, we had nothing going. But we've worked and worked and worked. Five weeks later, we had a baptism, 7 investigators at church, and found 7 new investigators. We literally keep seeing miracle after miracle. I've learned how to really truly give my all to the Lord. When this week started, we had high hopes, but we thought there was for sure no way we could get many people to church. We have only had 2 consistently coming since we've gotten here, and one was Jessie. But we prayed really hard, and were super obedient, and we picked up two, and were blessed with 7 total that showed up. It was incredible. We have never been so happy!! So life is good. I love this area. It's really shaped me into the missionary I know I can be. I've learned that God is willing to show us miracles if we will just act, and show our faith. If you're obedient, and willing to be an instrument in His hands, He can do so much. Life is so good. Thanks for everything family!

Love you all!! Have a great week!


Love Hermana Reid




No comments:

Post a Comment