Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Zaragoza - Week five

hi faaammmm!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW NICK!

hows everyone? thanks for all the birthday wishes. YOU'RE THE BEST. Tell Kelsie and Grandma that both their cards made it, they are SO sweet for thinking of me. PS: Kelsie, I'm on the hunt for blueberries. Ill send you a picture when I get some :)

So this week was good! Ive been kinda sick all week though which has been a bummer. Yesterday I lost my voice haha I couldn't talk at all. But I think I'm getting better finally. Gah I feel old though. 21 is like the oldest ever. Haha. jk. I know all you are mad at me for saying that cuz youre all older.. sorry.
Anyway, my birthday was good! I woke up to tons of balloons and decorations all over. The other hermanas bought me a purple wig and made me wear it with my party hat. They made me super yummy crepes for breakfast too. They are so sweet. Then after, we had to do weekly planning for the week.. wooo.. it was so good.

But after that, we went to a members house for lunch! The mom, Ines, is the sweetest woman ever. Shes from Spain but her husband is from Germany. They are fluent in spanish, german, and english. So she told me she wanted to make me a super spanish dish for my birthday so guess what we ate... squid in its own ink! Haha. Basically it was bits of squid in a black sauce with white rice. Ill be honest, it wasn't that bad! I'd eat it again. I mean who can say they spent their 21st birthday in Spain eating squid in its own ink? Probably just me. Ines made me a super yummy chocolate cake cuz she knows its my favorite. Also she bought me a scarf for my birthday, shes the sweetest. (you'd be bffs with her, mom)

After that we had a lesson with Kleber. Hes doing so good! Hes preparing to be baptized this weekend, so keep him in your prayers. Hes really ready for it, he just needs to get in that font already.

After that, we grabbed our stuff and headed to Barcelona! Its about a two hour train ride from here, it was super fun. Our hotel was really nice. I was pretty sick though, so we just went to bed. The food was good at the hotel though. You know I love hotel food.

The next day we had a conference with Elder Kearon.. the first counselor of the Europe area presidency. It was really incredible. He talked a lot about our worth, and the importance of realizing that we are special in God's eyes. He was an incredible speaker. On top of that, we got to see a ton of old missionary friends, I got to see Hermana Benson, it was SO fun to see her. Shes as cute as ever.

The rest of the week was good. Jessie is also doing so well! Shes hopefully going to be baptized this weekend as well. Shes reading and praying a ton. Shes so cute, yesterday at the end of church she left relief society a little bit early, and when I came out, she was standing there with a cake and 21 candles. How sweet! She bought enough to share with everyone. I felt so loved!

Anyway, I'm really loving it here still. Its been warm lately, which is the best ever. Except it'll probably mean it'll be brutally hot this summer. But better hot than cold. I'm really glad I've been put in this area; its really helped me to become the missionary I need to be. We have been working so hard and have had a lot of fun. Time is flying so fast! I can't believe its almost summer time again!  Life is so good! Thanks again for all the birthday wishes!

PS my package came! I got it a day after my birthday, I LOVE THE CLOTHES. you know me so well. gah. mint. and cadbury eggs are all I could ask for!! I got the credit card as well, don't worry. THANK YOU THANK YOU! I love you family!!

Hermana Fras

PS every woman over the age of 60 here has purple hair. for real. so strange.



Cute sisters that planned a surprise for me. They hung paper and filled it with balloons so it exploded when I opened my door.




 Some of us girls at the conference.



Jessie and the cake she brought me.




My birthday cake from Ines!





























They bought me this purple birthday wig and cute hats...totallly rocked it!



No comments:

Post a Comment