Thursday, April 10, 2014

Zaragoza - Week eight

Hiii Fam!

So first off, not to make you all sensitive, but it's gorgeous weather here lately. I love it. It's been so nice all week. Gah. The best.

Anyway, this week was good! I LOVED conference. So much. It's like Christmas for all the missionaries. We got to watch it in english too, which I was really glad about, it's better in english haha. The only bummer is that we only got to see the Saturday sessions and the womens conference (which was SO good). So were gonna have to figure out how to download all of Sunday cuz we missed it while traveling to Barcelona.

So basically, we had another really humbling week here. It's good for us. It was a pretty rough week contacting, but it's really good to help us remember that this is the work of the Lord. I know the Lord is just trying our faith. Sometimes you have better weeks than others. All that matters is that you keep working hard and push through until you make it to the good weeks. Every hard day that happens just means we are that much closer to seeing some miracles.

So Friday, we took Jessie contacting with us. She told us she wanted to see what our life was like. And let me tell you, she was a MACHINE. Holy cow it was wild. We would be talking to someone, and she would already be off onto the next person. She was incredible. And people really listened to her! So I think she had fun with it. She would not let anyone walk away from her without taking our card first.

This Saturday, we got to watch the Womens conference, which I loved! I cried during one of the songs haha. I've become real sensitive on my mission. I just cry happy tears all the time. Haha. It's fine. Then right after, we saw Saturday morning session and then on Sunday we saw the Saturday afternoon session before we left for Barcelona. I really loved it so much. It's interesting how much it talked about building your foundation and keeping covenants. It's so true though. We see people struggle all the time and it's because their foundation isn't strong in Christ. The gospel is such a blessing. And its so easy to live, you just gotta do it ya know? I can't wait to hear the rest of conference, I'M DYING.

Anyway, Saturday night we went to Barcelona! It's always fun to travel. We got to sleep in the mission home that night. It's suuuppper nice. A couple other Hermanas stayed there as well. That night, we got to see a little bit of conference with President and Hermana Pace, it was fun to be with them!

Then the next day, all the zone leaders and sister training leaders came for c oncilio. I'll be honest I was nervous! I feel so young and new haha but luckily I had Hermana Findlay with me. We talked about how we can help the mission grow and different things that the mission struggles with as a whole that we can improve on. It was a really incredible experience. I love all the meetings in the mission, the are always super spiritual and uplifting. Also guess what?! The cook in the mission home MADE CAFE RIO SALADS. I WAS DYING. Gosh. Literally the best. I've been craving that ever since the last time I ate it. It just felt right, ya know?

So there are 10 sister training leaders. Hermana Findlay and I are the only ones that are companions. President told us they are testing to see how it goes with us haha, the ayudantes called us last night and told us they want our feedback with how it goes working together. It'll be fun. We have 5 intercambios this week, one every week this transfer. All the other ones have 3 I think. So it'll be a crazy transfer! I'm up for the challenge though!!

Anyway, there's not much else about this week, I love you family! Have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Reid





No comments:

Post a Comment