Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Zaragoza - Week eleven

HI FAMILY!

So this week was WILLLD. We had great stuff happen. First off, Monday night we had a lesson at our branch presidents house with a less active lady and her family. Her name is Tatiana, we've been trying to get her husband to come back to church since we got here. Anyway, she brought another less active friend, Raquel. We taught a lesson on the Atonement. I think it was the most powerful lesson we have had in a long time. The spirit was really strong, it was incredible.

Then this week I got to do another intercambio. Man intercambios make time fly. Hermana Findlay and I left to two different cities on the same day, and came back at the same time the next day. It's really fun to work with other Hermanas, but I always really miss Hermana Findlay. She's the best.

Okay so we had some wild lessons. On Thursday, we taught this lady from Portugal and her son. I didn't know they were evangelists until we started the prayer. Beforehand, I explained how we pray in our church and what not, and then offered to give the first prayer. Well I don't know if any of you have ever prayed with an evangelist, but let me tell you things get wild! Haha, as I started, the both started whispering loud prayers of their own along with me. It caught me off guard. But luckily I made it through the prayer. It was funny. Now ya'll know. Anyway, they are real great, hopefully we are going back to see them today as well.

Then on Friday, we went to visit Ester, who is doing so well. She wants to be baptized. And luckily she just moved out of her boyfriends house so she can! We taught her the restoration and she really liked it. She loves meeting with us and always calls us her sisters. Also after the lesson she gave us some food... SHE FED US COW STOMACH. So gross. And no I didn't eat it. We've gotten really good at avoiding weird foods without them knowing. Let's just say Hermana Findlay was a Saint. She saved us. But anyway, we love Ester. She's doing super good, reading and all. She's really sweet and I'm excited to see her keep progressing.

Yesterday we had concilio in the mission home, it was super fun! We got to sleep there Sunday night and when we got there Hermana Pace had made food for us Hermanas. We love staying with them and spending time with them. In Concilio, President Pace talked about how he needs us to be the best we can, and to be the best examples we can to all the other missionaries. It was really good to hear, to help us to keep motivation to do everything we can to be exactly obedient. It was a really incredible meeting!

Also, a miracle we had this week. We called Raquel on Sunday morning inviting her to church, and she was like well, my family isn't ready to go yet, and I don't want to go alone, so we told her to call Tatiana. She was like, that's a great idea! I'll come! So Raquel  and Tatiana walked in the church doors together Sunday morning, and Raquel brought her son (who isn't a member). It was really neat. Tatiana had been inactive for so many years and finally decided to come back, and as she's been reactivated, she's been helping other people come back in the process. It was really a tender mercy for us on Sunday.


Anyway, life here is so good. I love the mission. I love my companion. We have transfers in two weeks and are really praying we get one more transfer together here. I really feel blessed to have her, we have fun together. I love this work, I love my Savior, I love this gospel. Love you family!!

Hermana Frassypants



COW STOMACH!


Birthday morning fun! 



Hermana Findlay's birthday 

Here's  panoramic of the cute roofs of this pueblo, super antique 
and the other is a birthday excitement pic! 


This is at a menos activos house in a cute little pueblo, we ate there for hermana findlays birthday! super fun 

f

No comments:

Post a Comment