Thursday, April 24, 2014

Zaragoza - Week ten

Hey family!! HAPPY EASTER

Also THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Easter package! I got it this week! It was way fun to open, and I loved the letters.... and THE CADBURY EGGS. you know me so well.

So this week flew by!

Tuesday I went and did an intecambio with a Hermana in a cute little pueblo called Sant Cugat. It was way fun. Also they have it good in their apartment. It's two levels. You're all sensitive too, I know it's fine. Also they have heated floors. Is that even real? Apparently.

Anyway, after the intercambio, I was back in our area for a day, and then on Friday we went to the islands!! Hermana Findlay and I were pummmppeed! We took a train down to Barcelona and then from there we took a plane to the islands. It was only about a 45 minute ride, but it was GORGEOUS. Holy cow, all the way there you could see the entire island from the sky. And then the islands were just gorgeous. Sorry I don't really have pictures though, I realized I'm terrible at that. I'll work on it. So then on Saturday, Elder Evans, who is the executive director of the missionary department for the church (He works directly under Elder Bednar) came to speak to us all.

I'll be honest, his message was kinda fuerte haha.. like really bold... that's the best way to describe it in english.

He talked about how he thinks that there will come a time when missionaries won't contact in the streets or knock doors anymore, because it's been doing more harm than good. For now we will still do it because the 12 apostles haven't come to an agreement on it yet but he really stressed the importance of working with members, and how that is the best way to do missionary work. So that's something we are really going to try and work on. Limit street contacting, and try to work better with the members in our area. He really stressed teaching our investigators what repentance means, and how when they have a change of heart, they are more likely to stay active because they have been converted. He said how missionaries have a tendency to skip from faith straight to baptism, and then people fall away easier. He said a lot of really bold comments about little things we can do to improve. Soooo we have lots to work on haha. But it was really good. It made me really excited to see how we could work better in our area.

Also he told us we have the best mission president in the entire world. So that was a big deal. It's so true though, we are so blessed to have him.

We also got the opportunity to watch that Because of Him video. It made me cry. This week I hit my 9 month mark in the mission, halfway. It's really made me think a lot about everything. As I watched that video, I really thought about what my Savior has done for me. Because of Him, I am here on a mission. Because of Him, I really know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me. Because of Him, I know that every trial and hardship we have is to strengthen us. When I think about the fact that I am on a mission, I am filled with so much gratitude for my Heavenly Father that I'm here. The mission has really changed me, it's the most incredible thing I have ever done. And I'm so grateful to be here. I can't wait to see what the next 9 months have in store!

So this week, we still struggled to find, but as we work more and more through our members, and help strengthen them, I know the Lord will bless us with more people to teach. We found this one lady the other night (actually, I had bought some chocolate (I was inspired I think haha) and then I contacted the first person outside the store) her name is Ester, shes from Guniea, she's way cute. We taught her once, and she came to church with us on Sunday! She loved it. She's been taught before, but she said now she's in a better place in her life than she was last time, so she's ready for it. I'm excited to see what happens with her.

That's all really for this week! I hope you had a fun Easter!! I love you family! Thanks again for the package!!

Love,
Hermana Fras







We played pin the tail on the donkey for hermana porters birthday last Monday haha. I look like a fool, its fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment