Friday, June 13, 2014

Valencia - Week Three

HI FAAMMM!

So this week I learned that in some African language how are you is oye! And to say I’m good, its oye si! Haha how’s that? Also all the Africans always say how faah! To us which means how’s it going in some other African language. I love Africans.

So lemme give you some highlights of the week:

We found two solid investigators this week through the members! One is named Mauricio, he’s 23 and from Ecuador I think. His sister is a member, but his wife is atheist. We taught him this week for the first time and it was super good. He has real interest to know more, thanks to his sister. She has been a great example for him.

The other is a girl named Madelina. She’s 14 and always comes to church with one of her friends. She told us she wants to be baptized but her mom’s not too keen on the idea. So were gonna try to visit with her mom this week to see if we can help in any way.

It’s really cool to be able to find new people to teach through the members. It really makes our work a lot easier when they already have a support system. Its super fun to work through the members, I hope the Lord will continue to bless us as we try and focus on working with them.

Other highlights:

Rosalba, a less active Colombian woman in our ward taught us how to make arepas this week! It was way fun, I’ll send pics. I’m trying to learn how to make sweet stuff so you all will be impressed with my cooking skills someday.

We also volunteered for a food drive this week to help the needy people of Spain. We basically wore these sweet vests and stood by a giant box at the grocery store asking people if they would donate to the food bank. Lots of people actually donated, it was super fun.

Our investigator Ana, (her husband is a member but inactive) is progressing a ton! She’s reading the Book of Mormon daily and really understands and enjoys it. They still haven’t come to church, but that’s the next step.

Yesterday, we went to visit a member in a pueblo were always in and we ended up crashing her birthday party.. You know how many times that’s happened to me on my mission? lots. We always accidentally crash birthday parties.. Anyway, it was way cool cuz the member let us share a message with all her non-member friends. We are hoping to be able to meet with some of them again next week!

Anyway, that’s it really. Today were going to an aquarium for preparation day, I’m pumped!

Life is so good, I’m doing well, and I’m happy. Thanks for all the love you send from home, I’m glad I have such an incredible family! Love you with my arms stretched around my back!

Love Hermana Fras










No comments:

Post a Comment