Sunday, June 1, 2014

Valencia - Week Two

Hey family!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STUDDA AND TYTYB22222!!!! Your letters are in the  mail. Sorry I was a little  late. I hope you two  have a super super fun boating birthday!! Eat lots of chocolate dessert for me. Man that stuff is good. Spain doesn't have pudding. Wait actually I think it does. Scratch that.

So this week was really good! One miracle we  had was  with this girl named Desiree. She's  21 and from here.  She's super cute. She contacted the Hermanas a couple weeks ago because  I guess  she lived with a Mormon family  as their nanny a few years back so she knows a lot about the church. We had a visit with her for the first time this week, it was way cool. She is super religious which is rare for the youth here in Spain. Most of them are atheist.  She's  really cute. She told us she would try to come  to church with us on Sunday but ended up not coming. We were bummed, but I think it's because she had to work late Saturday night so she slept in.  She told us she really wants  to read  the Book of  Mormon though so we are excited to help connect her with some of the YSA here and get her more involved and hopefully BAPTIZED. That would rock.

We had a visit with Monday and Loveith this week, best  names  ever  right? They are a cute little nigerian couple that just got baptized. I think they are the most humble people I have  ever met. They live in one tiny room of an abandoned apartment. They literally have nothing, but are the happiest people I have ever  met. They are a true  testimony of the fact that the gospel is what brings true, lasting happiness. they have no food, they hardly have a place to live, but they have the biggest smiles on their faces all the time. I just love them.

We did a lot of  member  visits again this week and we are really seeing good stuff from it. Members are  starting to get more excited  about the work and we are finding more and more  potential  friends  and  family members  to work with. I'm pretty pumped about this area. It's blossoming. Is that weird to say? haha sorta.

We just  got  back from Concilio and it was SO GOOD. I love  meetings in the mission more than anything,  they are so inspiring. Hermana Blanco and  I are super ready to just  do work here. This place has so much potential and  we are  just excited to get back at it. President talked about the importance of being examples and doing everything we can to become converted ourselves. It was really inspiring.

Also I got to see Hermana Findlay which was the  best thing ever, I love  that girl. I've been blessed with super  sweet companions my whole mission.

Anyway, that's the basics of it. Life here is good. I am loving the mission so much, time is flying! Anyway, have fun at the lake! Love you all!

Love Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment