Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Valencia - Week Eight

Hey fam!

I hope you all had a good week! I can't wait to hear about it someday... haha sorry, I guess I must have made it sound like I wasn't going to be on today.. my conference in Barc is on Wednesday.. awkward. that's okay, I'll tell you about my week.

So this week was kinda rough to be honest. We had lots of great visits and such, I was just more tired than usual I think. My animo was down. But we ended the week really strong so that was good.


We saw some really good miracles this week!

One miracle was that we started teaching a girl named Veronica, a friend of a less active. We met with her this week and taught the first lesson. Hermana Vance said the first vision for the first time and rocked it. She invited her to be baptized too and Veronica gave a solid YES. It was so great. She's preparing to be baptized on the 19th! She was so excited the next time we came back she asked if we could send missionaries to her family in Paraguay! She and Maria came to church on Sunday too! Veronica doesn't have money for the metro so they walked an entire hour there and back. It was incredible. Maria told us normally she cant walk more than a block because she has bad stomach problems but that she was willing to sacrifice for Veronica. Later she told us that as they walked she didn't have pain the entire two hours of walking! Maria as well told us that ever since we have been meeting with Veronica, she has completley changed. She's had a better attitude and has been super sweet. Maria said she's been praying for Veronica for a long time now, and now were seeing miracles. Such a blessing. I am really really praying that she will be prepared for the 19th. It would be a huge huge blessing.

Another miracle was that Abi and Ana and their whole family came to church again! That was a miracle because the other day Abi told us they were probably going to get kicked out of their house on Monday and every time we saw them they were super stressed. So I thought there was no way they'd come. AND THEY DID. I shed a few tears when I saw them. It was the most tender mercy from God.  They are really incredible. I really hope we can help Ana be baptized this month. She's so ready, we just need to help her realize it. The members were super sweet to them as well.

We also had a miracle with a man named Farooq. He's Pakistani but wants to know about the Bible. He contacted us and told us he's searching for the truth. We have met with him a few times now as well, and HE walked to church too! He told us he would leave at 7 so he could be there at 9 30 when it starts, and HE DID! It was a huge miracle. We were really blessed this Sunday.

Anyway, life is good in Valencia. It is hotter than hot can be, but were surviving it. I think it'll still get hotter before it gets cooler...

Also Mom, I cut a watermelon today just the way you always do it (I think it's the first time I've ever cut an entire watermelon.. embarrassing) anyway, it went well. Personal Progress points? Yes.

I love you fam! Hope youre enjoying pageant!

love Hermna Fras





No comments:

Post a Comment