Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Valencia - Week Seven

 Hiiiiiiiiiiiii

It's pageant time again! That's the best! Thinking about pageant made me think about when I received my call. Remember how we were all wondering when I would leave and Rockstar (this is why we call him Rockstar) totally knew that I was going to leave July 24th, three days after pageant. And it happened. I was thinking about that and how much of a tender mercy that was for us. It's really interesting to see how God works. Obviously if I would have been called to report before pageant, it would have been fine and life would have gone on.. but God knew how special it would be for me to be at pageant right before I left, so He let me. For me that was one of the biggest testimony builders that God is really involved in the little details of our lives. He wants us to be happy, and what's important to us is important to Him. He really loves us. Besides, I'm pretty sure He knew I would totally rock that King Noah crowd scene last year..

Anyway, life here in Valencia is good! It's.. hot! haha. But not as bad as Palmyra in July yet.. but I think it'll come. People say theres still more hot coming. We had a really good week last week. It was kind of scattered because i spent half of it in Barcelona getting my new comp. But the second half of the week was good.

Sad news, we went to visit Ana and she told us she's just not ready for a baptismal date yet. She wants more time. I know we can keep working with her though. We explained how it's just a goal, and that it can be changed, but she wasn't ready for it yet. So that's a bummer. I know that she will get baptized this month though. Keep her in your prayers.

Other than that, to be honest I don't remember much from last week.. sorry. We had a lot of good visits though. Hermana Vance is doing great. She's a hard worker and she's up for anything. She's not nearly as sensitive as I was when I first got here. It's weird how I keep asking her if she's okay or if she's sensitive or if she's tired.. (cuz that's how I was when I was new) but shes a champ! So it's been way fun. She's willing to do anything and everything, I'm really glad to be with her. Especially because she's blonde. Blondes are the best.

So Sunday night, five of us (2 zone leaders and 3 STLs) went to Barcelona for concilio. We got to sleep over at Hermana Findlay and Bensons piso (yes they live together, so not fair!) but it was SO fun to see them. I love them so so much. On Monday we had concilio. It was really incredible. We have been working as a mission to work hard to find new investigators together. It's been really uniting and motivating. I love going to those meetings. They are always so inspiring and the Spirit is so strong. I feel blessed to be able to go. Next week we have a meeting in Barcelona again for the sister training leaders. That's three weeks in a row that I'll be in Barcelona haha. It's like a 3 hour train ride so it's not bad. It's fun to do it with the other STLs as well. We have really bonded a ton.

Anyway other than that, I don't have much for this week. This week we have coming is going to be great! We're super excited to work really hard and to make some progress with the people we are teaching. I love this work, it has blessed me so much. Have a great week fam!

love, Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment