Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Valencia - Week Ten

HHHiiiiiii family!

So pageants over? Remember that last year? The day after (which would have been today), I got set apart, and then Tuesday I was off to Spain! How weird is that? I thought about that yesterday as we taught these two Nigerian men yesterday on a bench.. If I would have known that a year ago, I probably wouldn't have believed it. Wow.

Anyway, this week was super good! I can't remember if I told you this story yet, so I hope not. We passed by a lady on our ward list a couple weeks ago named Matilde. The ward list said she and a few of her family members were members of the church. When we stopped by, we talked to her and her daughter and they told us that they not only were not members but that they had no idea what the Book of Mormon was and had never seen missionaries before. Anyway, we started meeting with Matilde, (her daughter has always been busy) and Matilde wants to be baptized! She's been reading a ton and we've taught her the first two lessons. Her goal is to be baptized the 9th of August. So that's super exciting. Sort of a crazy miracle. How did she ever end up on the ward list if she's not a member? Not really sure. But hey, now she will be!

We also did lots of birthday stuff this week. Ana and Nicole both had birthdays this week so we went and surprised them both with cake and balloons and stuff. It was fun. I think they were really happy that we remembered them.

Other than that, it was kind of a mellow week. We have been finding lots of new people lately, this week I think all of them were Nigerians which is cool. I loooveee Africans. One we found is named Glory, who is a friend of a recent convert. We met with her yesterday and she as well wants to be baptized and is preparing for the 9th! She's super sweet. She told me she might move up north (to San Sebastian!!) when Peace moves (which could be next month) so I hope she stays long enough so we can teach her everything. She was really sweet.

The elders had a baptism this week so I'll send pics of that. We sang at it as a district. We did a sweet rendition of come thou fount and Oh my Father. Everyone really liked it. Would I ever have sang in a group of 6  before the mission? Nope. I'm getting bolder. Also guess what else I did? Played the piano in Sacrament Meeting. I know 4 hymns. So those were the ones I played. Haha. We're gonna have to sing God be with you till we meet again every other week...

Anyway, tomorrow we have interviews with President! Then on Wednesday and Thursday I'm going to do an intercambio in Barcelona, and then on Sunday I head up to Barc again for concilio (which means I'll probs write on Tuesday next week) By the end of this transfer, I will have been in Barc on average once a week. My poor companion. She's doing so great though, we have lots of fun together.

Life is really good. We are working really hard and seeing lots of miracles. I hope I get to stay in Valencia a while, I like it a lot. The members are really great here. Have a fun week FAAMMMM!!! Haha I just remembered red robin YUMMMM! Go tytyb2. Remember how if someone said red robin the other one would have to say yum? Haaaaha. We are so strange. K love you lots!!

Love, Kassibaby2000 haha.
















No comments:

Post a Comment