Monday, August 25, 2014

Valencia - Week Fourteen

 Hi family!

So the lake was crazy? Wanna know what's funny? Everyone said, I'm sure you've already heard about the lake, so I won't tell you about it..  but no one really told me what happened.. except mom kinda, thanks mom haha

Anyway, life here in Valencia is super good. It was cooler this week so that was nice. We had a really good week. Wait but first, I just got an email from Tatiana (she's the less active woman we were working with in Zaragoza) When I was there, all her kids weren't baptized, and weren't really into it, and Tatiana really suffered because of it. She felt a huge burden for the fact that her kids didn't want to be a part of the gospel. I don't know if you remember, but the week after I left, the oldest boy, Alexander (who was the most uninterested at the beginning) got baptized!! Tatiana emailed me this week saying her two other kids just got baptized this weekend and that they are planning on going to the temple at the end of this month. Gosh, it made me cry. I loved that family so much. I couldn't be happier for them, how incredible. I'm so sad I couldn't be there for any of their baptisms, but I'm glad to know that they can now be sealed together, forever. Gosh, the gospel is incredible.

So this week.. were teaching a guy named Billy. Did I tell you about him yet? Hes about 6´4 and from Cameroon. His first language is french, but he speaks English pretty well too. He's super cool. We've met with him twice now and he has read a ton in the Book of Mormon, he had even marked things he liked and things that he wanted to ask us about. The neat thing is that the elders had a baptism this week of a man from Camaroon and it turns out that he and Billy are friends! Unfortunately, Billy couldn't go to the baptism, but I'm hoping that his friend can help us with lessons and such. Billy has the goal to be baptized on September 6th!

Another neat thing is we are teaching this older Spaniard couple named Juan and Lolin. Lolin put her own name in as a reference because her daughter in law is a member. We went back this week to teach them the restoration and it went really well. Juan actually isn't super interested, he's very very catholic, but he loves having us visit. Lolin has read 20 chapters in the Book of Mormon! She's really great, it's fun to teach them. They talk A LOT. You have to be super smart about what questions you ask because otherwise they will go off haha. But we love them.

We had a specialized training this week that was super good. Only President Pace was there because his daughter just got married so Hermana Pace went home for the wedding. It was really good though. I always love when we have conferences, they are super inspiring.

I am really loving the mission. I learn so much every day. I love the Book of Mormon, it is such an inspired book. I have no doubt that it is true. I love learning about my Savior. His example is really incredible. You know, it's really incredible that I am here. My Heavenly Father really does love me. When I think about the fact that I am on a mission, I can't help but be grateful to my Father in Heaven for helping me to get here. It has changed my life. I know that I am His daughter, and that He loves me, and that is the greatest thing.

Life is really, really good.

Love you and miss you fam!

Love Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment