Thursday, October 30, 2014

Badalona - Week Six

Hey family!

So I'm sick. I have a fever so if this email doesn't make sense.. sorry haha.

This week was better than last week. We had some good citas this week. One really neat miracle was that I was on my way back from an intercambio this week and halfway through the train ride, the kid next to me turned to me and asked (in English) "are you Amish?" hahaha. I explained to him that I was a missionary and went on to tell him all about the restoration. After I finished explaining it to him, I bore my testimony about the Book of Mormon and he said to me "I would like to read that book" So I told him I could write down his number and the missionaries in Barcelona (where he lives) could call him. He told me he was Catholic but didn't agree with everything the church taught. As I explained the restoration he totally seemed to get it. It was a really neat experience to see how God puts prepared people everywhere.

We also had a miracle with Jessy and Francis this week too. We passed by on Sunday night and they were super excited to see us. Jessy told us she had read the entire restoration pamphlet and she really liked it. Francis told us that as she read the Book of Mormon this week, she has seen God answering her prayers through the scriptures. She told us she had a very special experience that she will never forget as she read. I asked her if she thought the Book of Mormon was true and she said "I'm not sure, I have to read it more.. but it definitely could be". Both of them really like the Book of Mormon and are super excited to keep reading. They are really a tender mercy for us. I love teaching them.

As well.. this was Hermana Tylers last week here. We had stake conference this weekend which was fun. President Pace asked me if I would train! I'm really excited to train again! It'll be fun. I was supposed to go down and help with the new missionaries today, but since I'm sick, they told me to just come to the meeting we have tomorrow. So I'll meet her tomorrow. It will be really good for me to train again. New missionaries always bring lots of miracles. Anyway, have a great week! Happy Halloween!

Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment