Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Badalona - Week Seven

Hey fam! Happy Halloween!

This week was good! On Wednesday, I went down to Barcelona to pick up my trainee. Some of my favorite Hermanas were there as well so it was super fun to see them. The meeting was really great, as they always are. My trainees name is Hermana Ratliff! She's super cute. She's a red-head and from California. She said it's called Victorville. Wherever that is haha. I'm sure it's cute.

We have had a lot of fun together this week! She speaks Spanish pretty well so she's picking it up fast. It's always fun to be with new missionaries because they have lots of energy and excitement. Which is exactly what Badalona needs.

We had a fun Halloween party on Friday night, we helped set up for it on Friday morning. Lots of people came actually, including one of our investigators, Eduardo, so that was good. I think he really had fun. Halloween isn't super big here though. It more of an American thing, and Spaniards aren't really for that haha. But we saw a few kids dressed up.

Yesterday we had concilio. When I got there, I asked President Pace if I could talk to him about his advice in having more success in this area. We had a really nice chat, we both shed a few tears, and at the end he told me that we can do a fast together this next weekend for my area. For me, that was huge. The fact that with all the things he has to do, he would take time to help me in my area, it meant a lot to me. He is a really incredible person. The concilio was really great. It always is a great spiritual boost. It always reminds me of how lucky I am to be here. Oh I got to see Hermana Vance too! She's a sister training leader now. That was fun.

Anyway, were doing the best we can here in Badalona. I'm growing a lot, that's for sure. I've never felt so close to my Savior, and for that, I will always be grateful.


Have a great week!

Hermana Reid


PS I forgot to tell you I think.. but remember Matilde and Frank from Valencia? They both got baptized last transfer! Miracles. Sometimes they don't come when you want them to, but they always come. The best.

No comments:

Post a Comment