Friday, October 3, 2014

Badalona - Week Two

Hayyyoooo!!

Hows it going? Cograts on your race Ty! I'm proud of you! What a rockstar move.

SO this week.. was hard. Really, really hard. But that's expected when you open an area, I forgot.. haha. We walked this entire week contacting people and knocking doors all week long from the morning till the night. Every day. So we are exhausted, but it's good. This is how you get tough right? I'm really grateful for the opportunity to open the area, because I know I will grow a lot here. I remember feeling like I grew more in my two transfers whitewashing in Zaragoza than I had in my four transfers in my first area. So it's good for me.

One morning this week I was struggling and I was just praying a lot to God. I was just praying to know that He was still here with me, because I felt really alone and exhausted and low on animo. After I finished my prayer, I opened up my Book of Mormon to start my personal study for the day and read this "but behold, I Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction. O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love, for ye may if your minds are firm, forever" (Jacob 3:1-2)

For me, that was an answer to my prayers. I just felt the peace I needed to know that God was with me, and that He would help me through everything that came my way. I know that we can talk to God in prayers, and that He responds to us through the scriptures. I feel so blessed to be in this area. I know there are people prepared here and that if we work hard and are obedient, God will lead us to them. I am excited for the miracles and the challenges that are ahead.

I can't wait for conference this weekend! Hope youre excited too. I saw the womens conference, it was incredible. I loved how much it talked about the importance of covenants. That's how God blesses us.. when we make covenants with Him. President Uchtdorfs talk was incredible too, I listened to it twice already.

I love you lots and lots,

Hermana Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment