Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Badalona - Week Thirteen

Hi Family!

So this week I got stuck in an elevator...

I know you've never seen the elevators here but they comfortably fit about one person. Maybe two. I think ours is actually supposed to fit four, who knows. Anyway, us five Hermanas (Hermana Lopez is training a new so they are in a trio till H. Jarman leaves) were all in the elevator the other night at 10 when we ended the day, and we got to our floor, but the door didn't open. And literally we were all so close to each other. And then we were stuck. Luckily an investigator had given me some corn bread she made. You know us Reids, we have a fear of being hungry. So I was glad for the corn bread in a time of terror.

Anyway, we had to call the elevator-life-saving guy and he told us we just had to pull the doors apart and they would open. Who knew? It was really funny.

I'll keep it short this week cuz if I talk too much, we won't have anything to talk about on Christmas and we will just sit and stare at each other the whole time.

But I'll tell you a sweet miracle we had. Yesterday we went to see a menos activa woman (after we watched the first presidency Christmas devotional which was SO good) her name is Maria. She actually served a mission too a while back, but she has had lots of problems in her life and she's raising two kids by herself and little by little she has become inactive. Anyway, when we went to see her, we talked a lot about the Savior and Christmas and why we celebrate it and all that. I think it helped to remind her of her mission and all the good experiences she had. She told us how she has made a goal to read the Book of Mormon lately and how as she has read, she has really felt like God is telling her she needs to go back to church. She cried as she bore her testimony about how she knows the gospel is true and how she needs to change and make the effort to come back. She kept thanking us for coming and for helping her to realize how important the gospel really is. As I sat there, I felt like I saw a glimpse of what our Savior must feel for each of us. I felt so much love for her and wanted her to just know that God loves her no matter what, and He is always there with His arms outstretched. The spirit was so strong in the lesson. It was really a sweet visit.

ANNNNYYWYAAAYYY, I love you lots Fambam! Talk to you next week!

Hope you had a great birthday Nessa!!!!!

Hermana Reid




This is our friend Archie.


No comments:

Post a Comment