Wednesday, February 12, 2014

San Sebastian - Week Twenty-three

Hi family!

Soooo how is everyone? Who knew the olympics was on! We saw it on a tv we passed the other day, guess it's not really a big deal here in Spain haha no one has talked about it.

ALSO I GOT MY VALENTINES PACKAGE. BEST DAY EVER. And yes I ate all the Munsons already. judge me I dare you. THANK YOU. We put up all the decorations. I'll send pics.

So this week was good! I'll be honest I don't remember much of what happened haha. But I'll try. So Monday and Tuesday we had a two day conference with our President. It was absolutley incredible. It was really good to help all of us refocus. I love being with a bunch of missionaries as well. It just made me feel so blessed to be here on a mission. It just helped me realize all the ways I can become a better, more consecrated missionary.  It is really the best decision I have ever made. The mission is the best.

Also mom.. I met elder Ballam! It was weird, because we both realized we were related.. but we have no idea how. And we couldn't figure it out. But it's weird cuz he knows Kaths family really well. It was fun to talk to him though. Also we took a picture together, don't worry. Also he said he lives where we used to live in Logan? On that bench part? Give me some details on that...

So I dont know if I told you about Bisente yet, he's a new investigator. He's from Bolivia and about 23. We met with him last week and he was super interested. We taught the restoration and he asked a bunch of questions and had a lot of animo about reading the Book of Mormon. We're meeting with him again tonight and are super excited about it. Hopefully we can get him a baptism goal soon.

So our Peruvian family came to church again on Sunday, so they are able to be baptized. We took the bishop with us last night to our cita with them and it was incredible. The boys have decided they want to be baptized on March 1st!! The mom wants to be baptized as well, but she hasn't been able to come still to church because of her job. The bishop promised them that if they pray morning and night this entire week to be able to be baptized as a family, as well as fast all together for it this coming Tuesday, that God would give them a miracle. So HOPEFULLY their whole family can be baptized together on the 1st. The only bummer is, I think I'm being transferred this week. I've been here 6 months so most likely I'm out. I was almost in tears last night thinking I won't be here to see their baptism. It breaks my heart. I love that family so, so much. But the important thing is they are being baptized. Gosh, they really are incredible. The boys LOVE church. The older one brought a backpack last week with his Book of Mormon in it and his hymn book to be prepared for church. So cute. I feel so blessed to be able to teach them.

Also this week we went an hour away on train to visit a menos activo. When we got there, she introduced us to a spainard friend of hers! A cute little 60 year old woman who is super interested in reading the Book of Mormon. She even said to us, who knows, maybe I'll even become a Mormon someday! Way cool. We've been trying to focus on working with our less active members lately to find people to teach, so that was a cool miracle that her friend came.

Anyway, that's all really, Max finally returned from his trip so we will see him tomorrow. He told us he went to go to church in France though! So that's good. He's progressing still. I'll keep you posted.

So next week are transfers! I think I'm out of here.. we will see! I'll email on Tuesday though, not Monday. I LOOOVEEEEE YOU AALLLLL!

love,

Hermana Reid



No comments:

Post a Comment