Sunday, February 23, 2014

Zaragoza - Week one

HIIIII!!!

Soooo I'm still in San Sebastian!! Haha jk. not. So I got transferred! I'm in a big city called Zaragoza. This is where Hermana Woodbury got transferred from so she was so excited I was coming here! What are the chances?!! So I'm still in the north... well ish. Idk really. More towards the east. But it's flat as flat can be. And not rainy. But I hear its super windy here. Also you didn't hear this from me, but it's not as pretty as SanSe. But it's okay, I was ready for a little more ghetto in my life. So there are 12 missionaries here. A ward and a branch. I'm in the branch. There's 2 sets of sisters and 4 sets of elders. I think. If that adds to 12. Also Mom, Elder Ballam got transferred here too. The sweet thing is that us four sisters live together, so I'm pumped about that. The piso here is super nice. My new comps name is Hermana Findlay. She's not here yet actually. She's coming. She is one transfer ahead of me. She was comps with Hermana Woodbury in the mtc. She was in my zone for my first transfer so I kind of know her. Basically she's super cute and I'm way pumped to work with her. She will also be a sister training leader here. So we have a big adventure ahead of us.

Also I miss Hermana Woodbury. I'm having withdrawals. We were twins. It was hard to leave her. She's actually gonna be training this transfer. And I think she's getting a native cuz four out of the five newbies are natives. Hopefully!

So this last week in San Se was good! It was weird to say goodbye to the ward. They were my family! It's all I've ever known. But I'm excited for the new adventure here. The hardest part was leaving our Peruvian family. I sent pics. The boys are planning to be baptized on March first and couldn't be more excited. Their uncle who is a member is coming down from Las Arenas to baptize them. I love that family so much. I am having a hard time with the fact that I won't be there for their baptism. Gosh, they will be great.

We also had a lesson with  Jeudi (Thursday) this week. We taught the word of wisdom and it went super well. I was glad cuz that's a hard one sometimes. The only thing is he doesn't have much prisa to be baptized. He just wants to take it slow and not rush into it, so well see. Well Hermana Woodbury will.

Okay moment of truth, I hardly remember anything about this week. Tyson mentioned Valentines Day in his email and I was like wait, that was this week? So sorry, I don't have many stories haah. This week was short anyway cuz we had conference Monday and Tuesday, preparation day Wednesday, and Hermana Woodbury was sick Thursday. So we didn't have a whole lot going on. Lots of last minute visits with people. Also Max fell off the face of the earth. We couldn't get a hold of him before I left, so I was sad about that. Hopefully he will get baptized someday soon..

Oh ps I think I ate animal tail yesterday. All I know is a member was telling us what was in his "ragu de todo" or ragu of everything and he told us there was tail meat in it, I don't know what animal.. or what kind.. but I think I ate tail. whatever it was, it tasted normal.

Oh also we had a lesson with a new lady on a bench the other day. She was saying the closing prayer and during it, I heard someone grunting.. at the end of the prayers I opened my eyes and this homeless wild man was standing right in front of us and mumbles "hola guapas" haha it was hilarious. My life here is so strange, I love it so much.

K well thats all really! I am SUPER PUMPED for this new adventure. It'll be wild. We are white washing which means both of us sisters are new to the area. So we don't know any of the investigators they were teaching before, or the members, or anything haha. We don't know this area at all. So it'll be an adventure figuring it out. I'm pumped for the challenge. I love the mission so much.  I love you a lot! Thanks for everything!


Love Hermana Reid

Also Shannon... I got my hair trimmed. so I think it's shorter than yours. I'm sensitive. It wont grow. My life is so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment