Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Zaragoza - Week two

HIII FAMILY!

So the more time I have in the mission, the more it gets real weird to me that I had a life before this life haha. Life at home just seems so foreign to me. I've been out 7 months, today! How weird. Speaking of, the other day we went grocery shopping here at a store called Carrefour. In my last area, all the shops are just super tiny markets, but this place was like WALMART. It BLEW my mind. I totally had forgotten about how nice grocery stores are. SO much selection! It was wild. Basically I fell in love.

Anyway, this week was soo good! It's been weird being in a new place. It was especially weird at first because I felt like I did when I left home. I felt like I left my family again (my san se family) because they were just gone, and I couldn't talk to them. It was super weird. The four of us missionaries up there were like family, so it was strange to be put in such a foreign world all over again.

BUTTT I looovvveee my new companion. Hermana Findlay. She's from Salt Lake and she did a year of school at LDS business college. She's super cute and super sweet. She's taller than me, so we look like a super tall pair walking down the street haha. She's brunette though.

Anyway, so I'm starting to figure out what whitewashing an area means.. its wild haha. I think 9 out of the 12 missionaries down here are new. They basically just cleared this place out. I think its because most of them really struggled in this area to find people to teach and such so they just did a complete wipe out. We definitely have a ton of work ahead of us, but I'm super excited for it. I'm ready for the challenge.

So basically we have been trying to figure out our area all week haha. This city is huge and there's a whole complex bus system we are learning. Luckily we found the church and our area, so were golden. We've been trying to get to know all the members that live in our area. So we passed by a few this week to visit with them, we literally know nothing about anyone.

Ok so this is cool. So the ayudantes in the mission told us to map out a route in our area for how we will pass by investigators and menos activos and such. So when we don't have stuff to do, we can follow a route mapped out on certain streets. This way, in between visits, we can contact everyone on the way, and then try and stop by peoples houses as we get to them. If that makes sense. That way, God will always know where we are and He can put people in our path. So we divided our area into five groups and made separate routes. I wish you could see what we did, but honestly it's genius. It gives us so much more purpose as well, cuz it's not just like we are wandering and contacting for hours, we actually have a route of where to go and people to try and stop by. It'll be sweet. It'll really help us to get to know our area as well and make really good use of our time.

Anyway, yesterday was our first Sunday and it was way fun. The branch here is super cute. The president and his wife are INCREDIBLE and all the leaders are super pumped about missionary work. So that makes it way fun. The next three Saturdays in a row we have missionary activities with the members. It'll be fun to help them have more animo about the work.

So basically, the Hermanas before only had one progressing investigator. His name is Kleber from Ecuador. He's incredible. He's been reading the BOM and is already in Alma 32 or something. The only thing is, he just moved in with his girlfriend, so he can't be baptized yet. But we will work with him. He always comes to church and always keeps his commitments. Other than that, they really didn't have anyone, so were starting from scratch. Kinda intimidating, but kind of fun. Our last area we always had people to teach, we rarely had extra time ever. So this is a huge change. But I feel super blessed to be here. I feel so grateful to know that God trusts my comp and I with helping the work progress here. He could have sent anyone, and He trusted us. I'm pumped.

We're still lost everywhere we go, but it's a huge adventure and I love it. It's fun to whitewash because we learn everything together, the members get to know us together and we learn the area together. It's super different than before. Anyway, I'm doing well, especially cuz its getting warmer here! And bonus, it never rains. Just windy sometimes. I love you all so much! Thanks for everything,

love,

Hermana Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment