Friday, March 7, 2014

Zaragoza - Week three

Hey Fam!

How are you all? It sounds like it was a good week for everyone, I really miss you all!

So this week was a week of miracles. I don't think I've ever seen so many miracles in such a short span of time in my mission. Hermana Findlay and I worked so, so hard this week.

So you know how we decided to put our area into five zones to plan out passing by members and such? So this week we got to work and started visiting less actives along a few of the routes. My goodness, we saw great stuff. Basically we got off the bus in our area (we live 30 minutes away from our area) and we started contacting every single person on the street. Hermana Findlay got wild and tried to contact a man on the phone. It was hilarious. But we saw some incredible miracles and had a ton of lessons in the street everywhere we were. It was amazing to see how when God knows where you are and where you're gonna be, He puts people in your path. I've never had so much success contacting. In fact, at the end of the week we had 13 new investigators! The thing is with news, not all of them keep interest all the way till baptism. But the more news you find, the more quickly you CAN find the ones that are prepared.

We talked to this one old Spaniard in the street one night and started testifying to him what we believe. He thought it was nice, and took our card, but wasn't interested in giving us his number to set up another visit with him. He just said we would run into him again on this street sometime.. haha.. so I said to him, "well can we at least pray with you before we leave then?" So, I said a prayer and asked God to bless him and his family. After the prayer, he looked at me and said, super sincerely, "thank you, that was really kind of you. Did you want to write down my number?" I sat there stunned! It's really incredible what happens when you let the spirit work on people. I love to pray with people, we try to do it as much as possible to let them feel our message. The spirit really works miracles.

Also we met a Spaniard woman named Rosita this week, she was a reference from the elders. She's about 70 and has about 6 teeth. When we met her she was wearing some sort of nightgown with an apron on top. Well at least I think that's what it was .. anyway she LOVES Americans. Oh gosh she was obsessed with us haha. She wants to learn English and loves to hear us speak it.The first time we visited with her she asked if we could come dance at the discoteca with her haha. She's wild. We saw her again yesterday and she gave us strange stuff to eat. She told us it was only chicken and flour (some fried circular thing) but I couldn't identify any chicken.. so who knows. I eat weird stuff here. But anyway, we talked to her about baptism, she's read in the Book of Mormon and has really liked it. We asked her how she'd feel to be clean of all her past, and she said she would love that. But for some reason she has it in her head she's not worthy for baptism. But we're planning for the end of the month as a goal for her. I would just die if I could see that woman get in the font.

Also Kleber, he also has a baptismal goal for the 15th. He's doing so well! He's all the way at the end of Alma in his reading. In church he answers questions like a member. He's so golden. So keep him in your prayers that he will get baptized.

Oh also we met a girl from Ghana (but she's been living in England) the other day on the bus. Her name is Jessie. Way cute. She loves us. I think she's coming shopping with us today too haha. She came to church yesterday and all the members were way sweet to her so hopefully next time we meet, we can set a fecha with her as well. Miracles!

Also Hermana Woodbury told me that my Peruvian family are all being baptized on the 8th of March. I about cried when I read it. When we met them, the dad was so not into the church, and now they are all being baptized as a family together. I'm so heartbroken I can't be there, it's really hard to know I'll miss it. But, nonetheless, it'll be incredible.

Anyway, I'm really loving Zaragoza. The members here are absolutely incredible. We have seen so many miracles and we are finding so many news to teach. We are really working so hard. I don't think I have ever contacted so much in my entire life haha. It was an exhausting week. But it's good for me. I feel blessed to be white washing. It's hard, but I feel so accomplished every night, knowing we literally talked to everyone we could have. I'm excited to see more miracles!

Hermana Findlay is an incredible missionary. We are really having tons of fun together.

Love you all!

Love Hermana Fras

No comments:

Post a Comment