Saturday, December 6, 2014

Badalona - Week Ten

HI FAMMILLLYY!!

So I think this week was one of the best weeks of my mission. On Thursday  we had specialized training with the Paces and our zone and the Barcelona  zone. That means nothing to you probably, but it meant that I got to see Hermana Findlay, so it made my life.

It was one of the most inspiring conferences I have ever been to on my mission. I think its because it was really focused on the Savior and how we are trying to be like Him. The spirit was really strong throughout the entire thing. It was really incredible.

Then I did an intercambio.. with Hermana Bastidas actually! Tell Paula that. It took me a while for it to click that she was the one I was supposed to look for. She said shes neighbors with Paula's parents? I didn't take a picture with her.. but she took one.. so ask her for it. I bet its cute. haha.

Then on Saturday  Elder Quinten L. Cook came to speak to us! Almost the entire mission was there, which was super fun because I got to see people I haven't seen my entire mission, including Hermana  WOODBURY who I love! I haven't seen her in 9 months. Crazy right? But I'm actually going to do an intercambio with her on Wednesday, (I get to fly out to the islands!) so that'll be so fun, especially since a year ago, we were put together as companions.

Anyway, the conference was incredible. We all got to shake his hand too. He let us ask him anything we wanted to. He talked a lot about prayer and a lot about faith. He told us about how the 12 apostles have a meeting in the temple every Thursday and he told us about how incredible it is when they get together to pray. Every time we would ask questions he would turn to the scriptures and just blow our minds. He talked about how about how sometimes were called to things and we don't feel prepared, or we feel like someone is better than we are at everything, and it's intimidating, he told us how even all of them feel like that sometimes too. He said Boyd K. Packer says that he still wonders why he got picked to be there, and he's been serving there for over 30 years or so now. So if you ever feel unqualified to fulfill a calling, you're not alone haha. I liked that.

The conference was just an incredible reminder for me of how grateful I am to be a missionary. I was thinking about that a lot this week because about two years ago around this time, the thought of a mission was just a thought. It's weird to me to even think that it was even just an option at one time, because now, I can't  picture my life without it. I am so grateful to be a missionary of my Savior, Jesus Christ. This is the opportunity of a lifetime. This is exactly where I am supposed to be.

Last night, we had a pretty open night, so we were passing by less actives and contacting people in the street. As we walked, I was praying really hard, asking God if he would help us find somebody to teach. Almost immediately afterwards, I decided we should pass by a reference that the elders had given us that we hadn't  been able to contact yet because he hadn't  been home. We entered the building and knocked on his door and he let us in. And there he was with his wife and his son. A FAMILY! I asked God to help us find one investigator and he blessed us with 3.. I wanted to cry. He is so merciful. He always answers our prayers. Wow, the mission is incredible.

OS QUIERO

Hermana Reeeeiiid

No comments:

Post a Comment